Friday, January 6, 2012

Sunny Day

We are almost a week into the new year and this afternoon I walked the dogs wearing pajama pants and a t-shirt. I'm sure the cold weather will come, but I hope walking is again a habit before it does.

Saw several dogs on Cleo's part of the journey. One small one got away from a tiny child and came to warn Cleo of his presence. Cleo responded in kind, barking as if the little things was a guest on The O'Reilly Factor.

little barbie dog
do you expect to be fierce
under a car's wheel?

Two dogs were tied up. One was a large animal who barked his warning and went to his tonyawithcleosentry post on the porch. The other was a miniscule thing I've seen many times at our complex. It is usually wearing one of those hideous dog outfits and being "walked" by an elderly gentleman who travels only far enough away from his driveway to be certain furry leash ball doesn't pee on his car.

About the time my back and feet were going to protest their poor treatment, we saw my wife returning from her walk to the library. We traded -- Cleo for her bundle of books. And despite the stormy mental morning, the sun managed to shine.

wearying sunshine
the dog argues in silence
i grunt my retorts
until my lover appears
we exchange smiles and burdens

No comments: