Sunday, January 22, 2012

Too many answers

A pop song my daughter has forced on us plagued the beginning of my walk. After a while, I was able to push it out of my mind, temporarily replaced by lines from Santana. By the end, I managed strains from Concierto de Aranjuez.

I have wasted too much time today arguing. There are so many foolish people with so much anger and energy, they cannot take the time to consider facts or reason or decency. Perhaps one of those fools is me, opening myself up to the droppings of the swine. 
 
Solitude can let in too many voices. I must be careful. Worse than the smug are those that say, "The next clever thing you say will convince them." Worse even are the voices that ask you why you bother and do not wait around for an answer. 
 
big cats
crouch in dried leaves
thinking they are hidden
my dogs know you're there and can smell
your fear

No comments: