Friday, October 23, 2009

More reading than walking

Saturday: while daughter was at lay reader training, I walked from St. Peter's to the McKinney library; planned to take a different route back, to see some of the houses in the historical district I had not seen before, but I'd lingered too long there and the child was ready to be picked up.

while same daughter was at a fundraiser, I sat in the Collin College library reading Yusef Komunyakaa's Warhorses for a couple of hours; then I ate a light lunch outside while reading from the book I'd brought with me (Norris's Dakota); after this I walked around the outside of the campus building (slowly--my hip and leg hurting); I paused now and then to look at the foliage (mostly neat, bright patches fo flowers) and pieces of contemporary sculpture (some of which actually resembles something); I wish a poem had come, but I have nothing else to say today.

Tuesday: took the boy to scouts and then walked to downtown Royse City and some of the historical district; I probably should have brought Cleo, but I did get about 40 minutes in.

Walking through downtown
the only sign of life was
a moss covered wall.

Thursday: brought Cleo with me to daughter's soccer practice, ostensibly to walk with her; but no one showed up and after fifteen minutes of kicking the ball around and having the dog pull against me, we went home


Reading:





Listening:





No comments: