Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Circles

Walked the labyrinth Saturday as the sun was beginning to make its way to hot. No hurry, just trying to keep from chattering, trying to listen. I had to laugh at myself when I finished and could see from the MyFitnessPal app just how little I'd traveled. Don't know that I got very far mentally either. But sometimes it's about the discipline, right?

I managed to get up and out before the rain came on Sunday morning. Should have been dozing as I was up way too late the night before, but woke up before my alarm and could not get back to sleep. Listened to several versions of Arvo Part's "Spiegel Im Spiegel." At home I dressed alone for church.

cameras cannot catch
the sky or all the eye
with its connections
can take in or blend
as the mirror or the hearer
alone have few reflections

Sometimes this journey, like all journeys, seems to go in circles, sometimes widening, sometimes getting narrow. However, there is a stillness in these patterns that I know gets me somewhere safe.



No comments: